20 BRAIN-BOOSTING WINTER BREAK ACTIVITY IDEAS
With winter break coming to an end, your kids might be running out of things to do! We’ve come up with a list of 20 fun and stimulating activities to stave off boredom and promote thinking.
- Solve a jigsaw, word, or number puzzle (or create your own)
- Play a game of charades
- Draw holiday cards
- Paint from objects and people in your house
- Create a sculpture out of junk from around the house
- Go on a virtual tour of a museum or aquarium
- Play a board game
- Read a book
- Create a family tree
- Learn how to juggle
- Watch a documentary
- Write a story about someone on winter break in a different time period
- Cook something with 5 random ingredients from the fridge
- Listen to a podcast
- Create a PowerPoint about a random topic of interest
- Direct a short film on your smartphone
- Research about different holidays around the world
- Learn a new skill like juggling or knitting
- Reflect on your favorite parts of this year
- Go outside!
We hope that this short list helps you and your family have a meaningful and memorable winter break. Happy holidays from the Acakid team!